Thursday, February 19, 2015

Beauty Oils: Friend or Foe?

After a short absence, I'm very excited to be back talking about beauty.  For the past few months, I've been branching out on skincare products and trying them myself.

Products I have really been loving lately are beauty oils.  Believe me when I say that any skin type can use them including those with oily skin.  As I've mentioned before, I have combination skin that tends to be on the drier side during the cold weather and quite oily during the hot weather.  Based on my experience and, of course, research I've done, I have come to the conclusion that beauty oils are very much a friend.



Some benefits:
1. For oily skin, you can combat oil with oil, making your skin less oily.
2. Oils nourish the skin, delaying signs of aging
3. Gives the skin such a glowy, radiant look and feel
4.  Will not settle into pores

My favorites are definitely the Josie Maran Argan Oil, Tarte Maracuja Oil, and the Boscia Tsubaki Beauty Oil.


I usually use the Tarte oil at night underneath my usual moisturizer and in the morning, my skin is baby soft.  This oil is a bit thick but I find that my skin easily absorbs it, even when it's oily.  



From time to time, I'll also use the Josie Maran oil at night only because it is also a thick oil and I saw that my makeup wore off super quick with this oil underneath.  Now, Josie Maran does have this oil in a light formulation, which I am yet to try.



During the day, I use the Boscia oil as it is thin enough to provide the right amount of moisture without compromising your makeup.  Plus, I love the scent.  Just to be clear though, this oil does not contain fragrance.

I also did give an oil by Fresh a try.  It is the Seaberry Face Oil, but I found that my skin did not take well to it, perhaps because this one does contain fragrance.  Other than that, the oil by Fresh is another awesome choice.

After months of using these oils, my skin has been so much softer, smoother, dark spots are brightening, and my makeup goes on so smoothly.  I would definitely recommend giving them a try.  Sephora has so many to choose from, depending on your skin's specific needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment