Thursday, January 15, 2015

December Beauty Favorites

Throughout the month of December, I noticed using some products far more than anything else I own.  I tend to go through phases where I prefer certain colors over others.  This time, I gravitated much more towards the warmer colors.

Here are some of the beauty products I used the most:

Starting with lip products, the lip liner I wore non-stop throughout December was the NARS Velvet Lip Liner in the color El Agua:
Yes, this is a cooler tone of pinky purple, however, I added another product on top.
On top of El Agua I added NARS PureMatte Lipstick in the color Tonkin.  These two combined made a warm pinky purplish caramel color (well, I did my best trying to describe the color).  I just absolutely love the NARS Velvet Lip Liners because they literally last all day on the lips.
Next is the Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in the color Shame.  I wore this throughout the holidays and was the perfect alternative to the traditional red.
An eyeshadow duo that was quite popular for me as an everyday look was this duo from BareMinerals in the color The 15 Minutes, which contains a pale pink called Page Six and a beautiful warm reddish brown called Most Requested (this picture does not do this color justice, in reality it is very pigmented with a slight shimmer).
Next up is an eyeshadow by Anastasia in the color Bengal.  I wore this on its own and received plenty of compliments.  This color is such a beautiful warm peachy brown with a very subtle hint of sparkle.
For evening looks, I used this Makeup Forever eyeshadow in M928, which is such a gorgeous matte eggplant color.  What I love about this color is that you can use with browns, pinks, purples, blacks (and I'm sure a few other color combinations) and this color just adds that perfect pop of color to your eyes.
Last, but not least, is this Bobbi Brown cream cheek product in the color Calypso Coral.  Corals I tend to use much more in the Spring and Summer, but I was on a warm kick this December.

No comments:

Post a Comment