Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Smooth Soft Lips for Winter

With Winter well on the way, I've started noticing my lips getting dryer and chapped.  Every time I notice my lips becoming chapped or just when I want smooth and hydrated lips, I go to my favorite technique to achieve this.

First, use a lip balm that tends to have a heavier texture.  Here are my go to favorites:
 Apply a thick layer to your lips and leave on for approximately five minutes.  Then, take a washcloth and gently rub your lips until the product has been completely removed.  Immediately, you'll notice that your lips feel much smoother and hydrated.

To exfoliate your lips, pick up some of your favorite balm with your finger, dip it into granulated sugar, and apply to your lips.  Again, leave it on your lips for about five minutes, then remove the product gently with a washcloth.

Lip scrubs are also amazing for exfoliating the lips.  I prefer to make the lip scrubs myself.  I will post a recipe for a fun lip scrub perfect for the holidays.  This post should be coming in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment